How do you make games that feel competitive for players of all skill levels, while still feeling fair to the players with the most experience? Catch-up mechanics!
Joseph Chen joins us to chat through different kinds of catch-up mechanics, how overpowered catch-up mechanics can take over your game, and that dark cousin of the catch-up mechanic: the runaway leader.
- Follow Joseph on Twitter!
- Check out Fantastic Factories on Kickstarter May 29
- Read Joseph's original article on catch-up mechanics
Games we mentioned
- Power Grid by Friedemann Friese
- Agricola by Uwe Rosenberg
- Munchkin by Steve Jackson Games
- Catan by Klaus Teuber
- Jackbox Party Pack by Jackbox Games
- Mario Kart 8 by Nintendo
Header image from Fantastic Factories by Joseph Chen