How do you open your game with a bang, hold the player's attention through hours of gameplay, and wrap things up in a way that feels satisfying and complete? We sure the heck don't know, but special guest Nina Freeman (Cibele, Tacoma, how do you Do it?) does!
In this episode, we discuss game introductions, how difficulty progression and story can both drive player engagement, the value of vignette-style storytelling, the way that sports tell stories, and whether games even need endings. Plus, lots more incisive and indecisive discussion about your favorite games!
- Follow Nina on Twitter!
- Find Nina's games online
- Buy Nina's game Cibele on Steam!
- Buy Tacoma by Fullbright on Steam!
Games we mentioned
- Curtain by Dreamfeel
- 80 Days by Inkle
- Papo & Yo by Minority Media
- Kentucky Route Zero by Cardboard Computer
- 30 Flights of Loving by Blendo Games
- Rooftop Cop by Stephen Lawrence Clark
- Llieve Oma by Florian Veltman
- Well This Is Awkward by Emma Kidwell
- Night in the Woods by Infinite Fall
- Pyre by Supergiant Games