We talk a lot about how to make your games better, but how do you make yourself better? Emma Larkins joins us to discuss honing your analytical skills, the importance of daily practice, valuable game design resources, and how to not take feedback personally.
Join in the fun by posting your own design practice to #gamedesigndaily on Twitter, Instragram, or your hashtaggable social media service of choice!
- Find Emma on Instagram, Medium, Twitter, and Twitch!
- Ira Glass on the importance of taste and 'The Gap'
- Extra Credits video series
- Game Maker's Toolkit video series by Mark Brown
- Free talks on the GDC Vault
- Mark Rosewater's articles on the design of Magic: The Gathering
- Game Design Workshop by Tracy Fullerton on Amazon
- Challenges for Game Designers by Brenda Romero on Amazon
- The Art of Game Design by Jesse Schell on Amazon
Header image from Game Dev Story by Kairosoft